Friday, June 18, 2021
Over the coming weeks, construction activities will take place in the following areas:
- 33rd Avenue, between Seter Parkway and 45th Street.
- Crews continue to work on 33rd Avenue near 49th Street.
- Traffic control measures, including complete road closures will be in place.
- Full road closures will occur at the intersections of 33rd Avenue and 47th Street and 33rd Avenue and 49th Street during nearby construction activities.
- Locations near construction areas may have temporary access changes. We will coordinate directly with affected locations about access changes.
- 9th Street, between 10th and 15th avenues.
- Crews have started construction to install the natural gas line underneath 13th Avenue.
- The rightmost northbound lane on 9th Street toward Main Avenue is closed.
- 9th Street, between Main and 5th avenues.
- Crews will visually locate utilities in this area prior to installing the natural gas line underneath Main Avenue.
- A southbound lane closure on 9th Street between 7th Avenue NE and Main Avenue will occur.
Future construction activities will occur along:
- 33rd Avenue
- 9th Street
- 55th Street
- Seter Parkway
- Under Interstate 94
Crews will install natural gas lines by both open trenching and boring. We plan to bore under some major intersections, railroads, residential areas and Interstate 94 to reduce impacts.
Our construction contractor is Primoris Services Corporation (Q3). Additional contractors may also work on the project.
We will continue to provide weekly updates as the project continues.